Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Ground Is Broken!

Time Flies When You're Building a Home....

So, I am going to try to condense 2 weeks worth of pictures into one post. Again, I am amazed how fast things are moving. I thought I'd be ok just dropping by the homesite once a week or so, but that's apparently not going to cut it if I want to catch everything that is happening.

About a week before we got the email about setting up our Pre-Construction Meeting, this is what our house site looked like:

Let's call this Day Zero



The day we got the email about the Pre-Con Meeting, we swung by the homesite because we interpreted that as a sign that maybe our lot had been cleared. This is what we found: 
DAY 1 - The most beautiful dirt ever!


DAY 4 - Some dirt had been moved around



The following week  (just after the Labor Day weekend) our site turned into this: 


DAY 9: Looks like a maze!
I know you can't tell from the picture, but those trenches were extremely deep.

And then 3 days later, this is what we found:


 
DAY 12: WOW!!





Our most recent discovery was this: 
 
DAY 13: We have wood!!

Loved the site of this!

So, needless to say, I am going to have to step my game up to capture these memories a little bit better. I'm going by today after work - it's a pretty day outside, so I anticipate something being done. You never really know.... 

Woohoo!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting to get things started! You will definitely want to go by every other day for a little while - things move quick after the basement goes up. After you have a roof things slow down a little, so you can spread out the visits to every couple of days. I can't tell you how many times we've driven by now... we've put a lot of miles on our car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! Congrats! Don't things get crazy fast after the pre-construction meeting? You'll have a fully framed house before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is amazing how fast they get the framing up. We have been going almost day because it's so exciting. Our PM said things get boring for awhile once we are under roof.

    ReplyDelete