Thursday, September 11, 2014

Concrete is here!

Ok - so yesterday, I drove by the site, thinking "what could possibly have happened in one day??" When I pulled up, this is what I saw: 

Day 17: The concrete has arrived!





I pulled over and parked and walked over to the home site and found this structure: 




Needless to say, I was SHOCKED! I spoke with one of the workers who was there with one of the trucks. I told him that was our home and he said it was going to be "big and beautiful." He also explained to me that they were pouring concrete today and then told me some other plans for the work week, but I missed the last part of what he said because I was so intrigued by watching the men hang on to the edge of those platforms. Does anyone know what those blocks are called?

Anyway, I'm going to probably drive back by later today or tomorrow. 

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! It's so nice to see things start moving along! We drive out to our lot ALL. THE. TIME. When they get started it seems like there are so many things to see and it changes daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, so cool!! We didn't get to see the guys there and actually pouring the concrete, just the before and after. I have no idea how they hang on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! It is so nice to capture as much of the process as possible. It's a great keepsake! I will be watching your progress and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete